7.18.2011

Job Hunt

Well, I missed a few days last week, but that's alright. I'm still alive and I'm back for another entry without a full year or three passing in the meantime.

I never did hear back from Ozio Media, good riddance. I can write off that venture as a mild waste of my energy. I did sign up at www.virtualvocations.com for a 15.99/mo fee to view their at home work offerings. It appears to be a legitimate site with legitimate possibilities, and hopefully something will come of it. Many of the jobs are 'work at home' after you undergo in house training for so long with the company, so those won't work for me, since I don't live in those locations and would not be able to commit myself to another full time job at the moment, but there are several potential jobs for me.

Some of the jobs are as simple as creating blog entries for other companies, and some as detailed as creating and maintaining websites and on-line programs for them. I am limiting what I apply for to only those at which I know I could easily excel. I put in for two jobs late last week and have not heard back yet.

However, the third was for a transcriptionist and I was invited to test for the opportunity. Within a day after testing I was advised that while I was not an ideal candidate for that specific opportunity, I may be interested in a note taker job with them and invited to take another test. This is on my to-do list, and probably needs moved to the top of the list, before they fill all needed slots. I would be a contracted employee making $12.00 an hour for my work, and allowed anywhere from 2-16hours of work per week, which would be perfect for some extra cash. We'll see how it pans out, as soon I log in and take the test.

I also applied at work for another promotion. I am crossing my fingers for this one, and expecting either an offer or a rejection within the next week. By this time next Monday I should know. The position would allow me first shift work (thank Heavens), and a little extra compensation to help cover new baby/daycare expenses that are rapidly approaching my budget, and hopefully a means of paying for my daughters braces (which I still need to schedule!!!!)

My to do list is growing and my ambition is failing me. The summer is coming to an end, and I need to get cracking!

I guess that thought is my Q to get off of here and do some work. I'll be back later this week with updates.

No comments: