7.19.2011

Braces Are Coming

What a stressful situations - comparison shopping for braces for my child. Really? Am I so cheap that I seek out the lowest bidder? But alas, that's exactly what I did. The orthodontist I went with is highly rated and will be great, I'm sure, but I still wish I could be that kind of mother to get my child necessary medical procedures without surrendering to the pains of financial burden.

Anyway - I ended up with a great deal... $4500, which could not be beat by our dentist. I pay $650 up front, and sell my soul to them for the next two years until the remainder is paid off at $160/mo. It's not horrible. If not for child support, there would be no possible way I could do it, and my daughter would suffer with bad teeth forever, so Thanks Rob! Tomorrow we go get separators put in, and next week on the 28th we'll get the braces. I feel bad for the kid... I never had to have them myself, but I'm sure it will be a bit of a discomfort and inconvenience for her. She is, however, excited about getting different colored rubber bands. It's going to be her new fashion statement I guess. Can't hold my kid back with school uniforms.

In other news - I went yesterday for my gestational glucose testing. This involves having a finger prick test, then having blood drawn, following that with drinking some orange liquidated sugar substance, then waiting an hour, having blood drawn again, waiting another hour and having blood drawn a final time. In total, I was in the office for a little over two and half hours. I was forewarned that if I were to throw up the orange drink, I'd have to reschedule and return to be tortured again... of course, having heard this, I got more nauseous sitting there waiting than I have been my entire pregnancy thus far. I did manage to hold it down though. I was told I would be contacted IF there are any concerns, and it should be within 2-3 days, so hopefulling if I do not hear anything by the end of the day tomorrow, I'm home free!!! And free to eat all the sugar I want!!! yummy!

Still waiting on my promotion here at work! It's coming though, I know it. I deserve it! Actually, I'm almost positive it's not coming... but I'm used to the rejection by now, and almost understand not wanting to hire a pregnant woman with her leave so imminently dangling in the not too distant future... still, I'll keep my fingers crossed... I do deserve it, and most of all, I desperately NEED it. It's a job I know I can excel at, I just hope they know that too. Wish me luck?

No comments: