7.16.2008

Poetry... Wedding Day Blues (1)

Being engaged is wonderful, I've wanted this for some time... but I've never been a wedding planner by nature. I was never the little girl that dreamt of that big day, walking down the isle with a long gorgeous white gown on, and hundreds of spectators... I never could enjoy such fantasies, after my father passed away when I was little. Every woman I know, spends a lot of time planning her 'father-daughter' dance... it's an important factor in that special day... not to mention, having the first man you ever loved giving you away to the man that you will be with for the rest of your life... I don't want to walk down the isle alone... and I don't want to play pretend with someone else at my side... knowing who should be there, instead.

Walk me down the isle, daddy.
Give your girl away.
It's supposed to be my moment, daddy.
It's supposed to be my day.
Your job isn't done, daddy.
Why'd you have to quit?
You left me all alone, daddy.
And I can't deal with it.
I found the man I love, daddy.
He's the man I wish to wed.
But you're supposed to be there, daddy,
When the words "I Do" are said.
We should have a special dance, daddy;
One just for you and me.
I'll be on the dance floor waiting, daddy.
Where are you going to be?

~Caroline Jason (26) written February, 2008

No comments: