7.24.2008

In a Dream World

Looking back, I didn't lose out on my childhood, I gained a much firmer grasp on reality, and although it took some time, I found a direction for my life, making me a better person. I don't resent the world for pushing me down, nor do I resent myself any longer for allowing what I saw as 'destruction' to my soul. I've learned to love, I've loved the learning, and I've grown from it all. Afterall, every moment that has passed, good or bad, is part of my story.


In a dream world I sit
Awaiting my fate
Predicting the outcome
For which we all wait.
I pray to a demon
Hovering right over my soul
That if he eat's me alive
He'll devour me whole.
I don't wish to exist
In a world so full of hate;
Love is an ideal
To which no mortal can relate.
I gaze up at the stars
As a haze covers my eyes
And stare through the bars
That mute all my cries.
Imprisoned in an atmosphere
Where the air is thin and cold
I realize that I'm just a child
Who too soon has grown to old.

~Caroline Ballowe

No comments: